Advanced Search Option
Search across a combination of specific fields, according to a terms you enter. Select a field from the drop-down list, and enter a term, or terms, in the space provided. Choose whether to search across all media types or limit to a specific media type. Then click on the GO button.
- Collection Name: Enter the name of a collection if you know it, or part of a collection name.
- Location: Enter the name of an institution, to see a listing of relevant materials e.g. National Archives of South Africa.
- City: Enter the name of a city, to see a listing of relevant materials there e.g. Cape Town.
- Continent: Enter the name of a continent to see a listing of relevant materials e.g. North America.
- Description: Search the description field by entering keywords or phrases e.g. Defiance Campaign.
- Creator: If you know the name of a creator of a body of materials, enter the name of the creator e.g. Ruth First.
- Themes: Significant periods in Mr. Mandela’s life e.g. Presidency.